Thursday, August 6, 2009

Winds of Change

Dear Readers,
I know that my great absence has been troublesome. I have so much to report.
It must wait another day.


Dear Big D,
You moved out of the office today. I am incredibly excited for your new life as a distinguished faculty member...but I am going to miss you in here. I dare say that you have been my favorite part of coming into the office for the past two years. It has been bearable, in the most unbearable of times (and I know that you know what I'm talking about...)

Your empty desk looks so sad and lonely.

I think that your move comes at a good time--as you will need some peace and quiet to heal and take stock of things much greater in importance. But I feel almost desperate to have you stay...how selfish is that?

It's a good thing that Lutherans are so quick to love and forgive.

No comments: