Hate to add on a spoiler to the last post, but I wanted to specifically mention this mishap for Amy, Andrea and Emily Bateman. Lately they have posted some excellent self videos--self depricating as they are, truly fine craftmanship. Ladies, I applaude you ability to make me laugh so hard that my face hurts.
Lest you think that we can actually go on vacation without some atrocity occuring...
well in fact, we cannot.
Before we left I tried to bring both cats into the house, but I could only find Bruce. So I filled the food bowl and the water dish and called the neighbor lady to ask her if she could set some food out on the porch and try to lure Ernst back in later in the day...no problem.
Two days later I get a phone call. No cat. Food untouched.
Jeff says, "Good riddance."
We think that the cat has probably fallen on some unfortunate circumstance (like our dear Fritz, RIP.) Honestly, I'm a little worried, but about 300 miles away--what are you going to do?
Four days later, we arrive home. Cat still gone. Food untouched.
We begin to unpack...can you sense the doom?
I hear Jeff say, "Oh, no. Oh, no!"
Ernst comes walking down the hall. He is disoriented. His eyes are all glazed over.
He has been in my BEDROOM CLOSET for FOUR DAYS.
Think about the situation. Seriously.
My closet smelled like being downwind from E.A. Miller's Meat Packing Plant.
Fur everywhere.
Everything even touching the floor had to be washed. Carpets cleaned.
Welcome home, family.
On a lighter note, Ernst was ruined. Lachlan's exact words. He wandered from room to room crying and trying to tell us all about his horrific experience. Jeff and I (heartless crabs that we are) laughed for days about how he couldn't even be alone in a room. I guess that even cats will get needy if you lock them in a dark, hot closet without food or water for four days.
And now, for your viewing pleasure...
5 comments:
You have officially become the crazy cat lady.
Not funny....seriously laughing my butt off!
Ewwwwwwwww.... Poor kitty! Poor you!
I did something similar, years ago. The trauma lasts about a week...then back to life as normal. (i.e. cat ignores humans unless interaction involves food)
i read that out loud to jer and we almost peed.
Post a Comment