I cleaned the office today. All. Day.
Never got dressed. Never combed through hair. Never brushed teeth. Kids ate lunch at the bar and watched a movie.
And now it is night.
It never ceases to amaze me how so much productivity can feel so utterly unproductive.
I really wanted to ride my bike today. I wanted to take the kids to the library.
I was going to make real food for dinner. In my mind, spaghetti is not real food. It is lazy and pretty gross.
Tomorrow I am going to clean out my closet and finish the laundry.
This is why January is my least favorite month.
You took two months off and made the biggest messes of the whole year and now you have to vacuum in the corners and haul out bags and bags of old mail that will never be read.
You remember that there is a litter box in your basement. crap.
You see that your children are wearing pants that are too short--again, didn't we just have this conversation.
You feel obligated to eat food storage and make some room on the shelves. And you've spent all your money so you really ARE actually something more than obligated.
And the night time feels so much more like night time--you really feel like you HAVE to go to bed at eight o'clock.
I think today was a pretty typical Wednesday for January.
4 comments:
I hear ya! Still in my pajamas, my hair is a rats nest and my teeth really need to spend time with the Sonicare.
I am sitting on my laxy butt instead of cleaning up this mess. Well, my tree is down at least. So good for you for digging in.
Spaghetti is real food! You can have lots of fun with the sauce to make it tasty! Add a slice of provolone cheese or a pint of cream.(this will turn your sauce pink!) If the spaghetti noodle is the thing you don't like buy some bowties or Pena or angle hair. My kids love bowties. Since Allan served his mission in Italy we eat a lot of pasta and he makes the best lasagna you've ever tasted!
Now for not getting dressed that's totally fine. When I do that I usually end up reading in bed and doing nothing!
Post a Comment