Saturday, February 6, 2010

Come, Little Donkey, Come

Lachlan sings.

All. the. time.

People tell me that she is gifted.

We have not failed to see the value of such a gift. In fact, we think that it is wonderful. We've been very encouraging and try to teach her words to different songs. She literally spends hours every day listening to her "radio"--it's a compilation of preschool and WeeSing songs burned to various CDs.

There are times, however, when my brain needs a rest. I don't have music on the brain 24/7--she does. I know that I get cynical looks at the grocery store, library, salon, church, McDonalds, county fairs, (continue to insert various locations around the world)...because I am always saying, "Lachlan, stop singing. Mommy's had enough. If you can't stop you need to wait in the car." Hey, naysayers, I heard all of the previous verses to "99 bottles of beer on the wall" on the 20-minute car ride to this location--send your judgments elsewhere!!

Still don't believe me? Here's a little something that I've titled, "Every day at lunch." She usually sings while I pray and drink something strong and have a chaser of pills.

I AM encouraging, but generally medicated.
Just setting the record straight.


2 comments:

Kylie said...

I'll admit it would be hard to have that ALL the time but she is cute. And pretty good pitch for such a little kid. Just wait, she's the next Taylor Swift.

Brooke said...

That is awesome. Tingalayo (or however you spell it!) Man, I haven't heard that song since elementary school! And now it is stuck in my head. Thanks, Lachlan!