Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Little Rose"

Lachlan wants to name this one, "Little Rose"--she's really into calling me Rose lately. I have to laugh every time she says it because it reminds me of "Little Jerry Seinfield" I hope that we don't have any fighting chickens.
This is one of our Marans. Look at those beautiful wings.
Here's our whole brood. We have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Marans, and 2 Barred Rock. I have wanted Barred Rock and Buffs for years. They are so pretty. I can't wait for them to start laying eggs.
Our chick brooder is a 30-gallon Rubbermaid tub. They are quite happy in there. I wish that they would settle down and not be so frightened by us. It's probably because we are so big and they are so small. I love watching them sleep on their stomachs with their feet stretched out behind them.
Jack with "Ice Cream". Not a fan of that name, but he's sold on it. Jeff is going to make me a chicken palace. I am very excited.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I like Jack's overalls. Only little boys can make overalls and batman jammies look good.