I'm supposed to ride in the"Goldilocks" road race in two weeks. It's women's only and I am very excited, but I am also very nervous because I haven't ever ridden with other riders. I registered for the 30 mile.
It took me two hours to ride 30 miles. It's not a great time, but I was starving for the last seven miles and I think that it really made a huge difference. I didn't pack any ProBars cause I didn't think that I would be gone so long.
No energy will really kill your time.
I also learned that 30 miles feels like a long way if you've never done it before. But I also learned that I can at least complete the race. I'm hoping that if I really up my intensity and eat something that I can improve my time.
I guess I still have to see if I have stiff muscles in the morning.
4 comments:
Yeah!
Way to go!!
Awesome!! You are going to do great in the race and it's right by my house. :) I'd be there to watch you if I wasn't doing the race for the cure that morning. Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you.
Good for you- it's so exhilarating to know that you have pushed yourself, even though in the moment it sucked, and sucked bad.
Post a Comment