Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Because I Do Care About What Teeth Look Like

1-800-CLEARCHOICE, it's me, Jack-boy...how much would it cost to restore my vain mother's request for front teeth?

Jack slipped while jumping off the bathroom stool on Sunday afternoon. He hit the tile face-first. The impact completely dislodged the tooth and most of the root structure. It tore apart his gums, crushed the roots of the other front tooth (yeah, it will probably have to be removed as well), and created some hairline fractures in his facial/jaw bones.
It was a horrible experience. He is feeling much happier today. He is eating food and was a very brave boy at the dentist. I was incredibly relieved that they didn't have to stitch his gums. It is already starting to look so much better. Dr. D said that his gum fractures will heal and shouldn't leave any permanent damage. We have scheduled a tooth extraction for the other front tooth in a few weeks when the swelling won't be so bad. Yeah, I had some tears about that...

So stupid, but I feel like losing teeth should be a right of passage rather than a violent accident.

Tonight the tooth fairy will come and leave him a dollar....and then I can pretty much guarantee that she will cry for the very same thing.

3 comments:

Sara Jane said...

What happened to him sounds horrible. It's amazing what some kids can handle.
Jack is good-looking enough to pull off the no teeth look. He still looks so handsome.

Brooke said...

Poor little dude. That IS a horrible accident, and I would be very freaked out too. He's so darn cute, though. Also, is it just me, or does he looks so much older??

Tanya D said...

Max also lost his two front baby teeth in an accident (not as violent as Jack's - that sounds terrible!) and almost two years later, the big teeth still haven't come in yet. At least they have lots more to lose the old-fashioned way.