Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pinterest

[hair from the back]
Are you pinning? I am so addicted. I start looking at all of the ideas and my mind starts going a thousand miles an hour. It is seriously a drug for me. And it's not just crafts and the home design--the hair--oh, my the glorious hair tutorials are just over the moon. My hair is long enough that I am starting to try a few new things. Some work (like this pin and twist), others have been an epic fail (crown braid). I am currently super frustrated with the fact that I cannot french braid my own hair--in any sense of the word. It looks awful--and there are a million things that I could do if only I could hold my arms in the air indefinitely.

But my fingers and arms go numb because it takes me SO. LONG. to get it started and then organized...and heaven forbid if you need to comb out a lump....auugghh!! My type A kicks in and then it is temper tantrum city.

Is it child abuse to force a 4-year-old to learn a coordinated skill requiring intense eye-hand coordination just so that her mother can expose her to unending hours of creative hair?

[hair from the front]

No comments: