Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This is what purgatory looks like....

...thousands of tasks left undone, no time left, chaos, and general unsettledness.
It all started when we thought that we might sell our house and make a little move, but after we got started with a little touch up we decided that we should just make some bigger improvements and stay in this place. It was a good decision, but our execution has been nothing less than a personal nightmare.

This is what my kitchen has looked like since the first of April. No kidding, except that the table is completely covered with paint, saws, screwdrivers, etc--and now some of us eat at the bar and some of us stand. So bad. We just wipe off the dust, move the dirty paint brushes and scoot over the random bags of supplies and eat our cold pizza or other disgusting quick meal. I just can't stand to cook anything when the stove is being shared by some dusty floral arrangements that are on their way to the DI.

And the living room--well, we just don't ever sit down anymore.
Jason came and installed all of the crown moulding. It looks great. It took Jeff forever to get it caulked and sanded and primed because he has to go to work and church and help Lachlan remember how to ride a bike. Did I mention that we failed to plan these upgrades?
There wasn't a plan--which led to us deciding that we might as well rip apart the bathrooms and our bedroom as well. Crown moulding is up, but we were sleeping in the middle of the room--AND the cat inside my sweater drawer!
And the master bathroom was loaded up in Rubbermaid tubs--which I promptly placed in random locations throughout the house.
The kids' brains have turned to mush. Jack actually thinks that the Kratt Brothers can switch into cartoons in real life, but he does know an incredible amount about how to "be an animal rescuer." He told me that he is going to be that when he grows up.
We made frames for the world's ugliest bathroom mirrors.
And installed them...
I must have taken this picture of the kid's bathroom right before we installed the new mirror frame. Notice the new lighting, fresh paint...I also installed a curved shower rod. Why haven't I done that before??

No comments: