It is kind of a rustic, rough cut entryway mirror. It used to be black. I thought that this color would look awesome next to the console. I also wanted to try stenciling--but stenciling with cardstock (el-cheapo method). People say that you can do it and frankly, you can, but you will need to spend some time with a counselor afterward. They rarely mention this part on Pinterest.
The cardstock gets wet and funky after a while. I think if you had something super simple, like a circle or square you would be totally fine--BUT this pattern had some detail that I had to "re-do" with a teenie-tiny-super unfun brush after the fact.
I like the end result, but I haven't gotten the chance to hang it yet. We are just getting ready to finish the painting in the living room. I'm still not sure how I am going to complete the look...there are too many variables at this point (details to come).
The cardstock gets wet and funky after a while. I think if you had something super simple, like a circle or square you would be totally fine--BUT this pattern had some detail that I had to "re-do" with a teenie-tiny-super unfun brush after the fact.
I like the end result, but I haven't gotten the chance to hang it yet. We are just getting ready to finish the painting in the living room. I'm still not sure how I am going to complete the look...there are too many variables at this point (details to come).

1 comment:
I LOVE before and afters - so fun to see the projects you are doing. I love the colors.
Post a Comment