Jack had been very resistant to riding anything but his push "tractor". I wondered if he would even get on this big boy bike. Of course, every place was sold out of Spiderman bikes--which would have been a sure thing, but I was very pleased and so proud when he fell in love with this "widdle bike."
He really struggled to figure out how to work the pedals. Jeff is always so patient with the kids when they are learning something new. They are so lucky to have him. I just don't have it in me to help them after about seven minutes.
It took him about two days to really get it figured out. Now he just tries to pedal as fast as he can--it makes him crazy to follow behind someone. He has to lead us on our walk/bike ride every night. In fact, he got so far ahead one night that he pulled his pants down and had a potty break on the lawn of the Stake Center before we could get close enough to see what he was up to....all he said was, "it was an emergency."
My favorite moment with him this summer was a couple of nights ago when I was helping him get ready for bed. I said, "Hey, there's a new mole on your tummy." He said, "What?! I'm still a little kid. I'm not old enough to get moles." Jeff then walked by and said, "Well, buddy, you're really growing up and getting old now." Jack sighed and said, "I can't believe that I'm just a big old little kid now."





No comments:
Post a Comment