Thursday, May 1, 2008

If I Could Change A Few Things

Don't get me wrong. I love this valley...obviously, I moved here 18 years ago and I haven't left yet (holy crap, did I just write 18!!). Anyway, as I drove to work this morning in a COMPLETE BLIZZARD I have decided to list the Top 10 things that I would change--

1. Okay, so snow on May 1st has to go...rain is fine, but you've got to draw the line somewhere!
2. A Target Superstore. Hell, I'd even settle for the "un-superstore". Target management are you reading this blog.
3. An HOV lane on Main Street.
4. A bike lane on Main Steet.
5. City prices for fuel. (it was $3.58 for regular this morning and $4.59 for diesel--aauuggh)
6. A Costco (okay, I'm not a huge fan of the big box stores, but I am really tired of having to shop with Sam Walton for all of our daily supplies!)
7. More democrats (a lot more)
8. Speed bumps in my cul de sac (you wouldn't think that folks could speed in a circle??)
9. That I could get a library card at the library 5 miles from my house rather than having to go to one that is 15 miles away!
10. (and just for you babe....) Jeff really wants a Gold's Gym.

10 comments:

jenny said...

ok, so this is one of the things i actually like about atlanta. spring starts here in february. it is 80 today (not to rub things in). about the more democrat bit. i feel you. oh, how i feel you!

Blaine said...

Diana keeps saying she'd love to move back there to your little town and be closer to family. Jobs just don't exist in my field in that town though.

However, it should be noted that we have all of the stores and conveniences you mention where we live, within about a 3-mile radius, so I guess we'll enjoy living where we do.

As for # 1 (the snow) we had a little on the grass this morning but it melted by 10:00 a.m.

Jeremi said...

Girl I so couldn't agree more! I'm remembering a couple years ago when it snowed that first week of JUNE, I was TICKED! LOL!

Brooke said...

I know the Target rumors have been circulating for years, but I heard a new one about one opening in Smithfield... We can dream, right? As for all the other stuff, particularly the Democrat part... well, yes, let's keep dreaming!

Becca Hatch said...

I have to say, I do love Target!! I realize by reading your entry that there are certain things I don't miss about Cache Valley. Since I'm a fan of Costco as well, I guess I'll just stay settled here for a while.

Becca Hatch said...

I forgot. There was the cheesiest ad in my town paper. It was a picture of a young women, text was along the lines of "I'm a mother, I'm a teacher, I'm your neighbor, I'm a Utah County Democrat." And I thought, 'And you're the ONLY Utah County Democrat who will admit it. That's why they took your picture, like the Bigfoot or something.' I am ashamed, and NOT a Republican.

Melanie said...

To get all of your ten things you'll just need to move to DC. We have lots of Democrats...NOT Utah Democrats real liberal democrats. Everything else is within a 5 mile radius. I guess the only thing you'll have to deal with is that we would be neighbors. I think you should take my offer. Believe me I would love it, however, I'm not sure the neighbhors would appreciate your chickens.

Suzanne-Michele said...

OK Rose, you get all those goodies on your list and I will move to the Valley! Sometimes I feel like I have been in St Louis too long (21 yrs!!!)

Live More Now said...

Rosa - move to Seattle! We have all those things, okay, but not the snow on May 1st. Although just north of the city saw snow, so you might have to just live right "in town." HOV lanes everywhere, and with your kids and cats you might just have your own lane. Libraries and democrats coming out our ears here. :) It's wonderful. Wait.... why am I leaving? :) Hope you guys are great. Kinda jealous of the snow. xoxo heather

Susie Miner said...

Miner and I are in the valley and we are democrats. I think my neighbors across the street might be closet democrats...but their are some REALLY strange republicans in our neighborhood that like to go about debating their own brand of fanatical "Mitt Romney got robbed" politics...it's scary!