Monday, November 9, 2009

Do you believe in miracles?

It is almost two years to the day when we were about half-way through finishing our basement and Jeff said to me, "I'm going to move the stuff from the basement into the garage so that I can finish this project."

For the record, I KNEW that this was going to be a bad deal. I asked him how long that stuff was going to BE in the garage. He said, "a couple of months."

I agreed, but immediately went on anti-anxiety drugs.

For TWO YEARS I have lived with the shame that has been the state of our garage. I've been embarrassed to even open the garage door while pulling the car in if there have even been signs of neighbors on the street. I've even read two Dr. Phil books about coping with problems you cannot solve and dealing with the lingering pain of bad decisions.

But no longer. My prayer has ascended to heaven. It is with great pleasure, relief, gratitude and with resounding voice I announce that THERE. IS. A. GOD.

And he hath manifested himself in motivating Mr. Murray with an overwhelming desire to "get 'er done."

To the piles of ski boots, snowboards and drill bits, I bid you good-day.
To the mounds of bird seed, wads of plastic tarp, two bikes, two strollers, 4 kids' tables, 10 folding chairs, 3 garden hoses and some disgusting foam pads...good riddance. May you never block the path to the emergency exit again.

And now, for all you women out there who dream of a separate storage unit, or even a large burglary...hang in there. Keep your chin up. I'll count the Rosary for you at eventide.

Before:
After:

3 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful! I have shelves and space to park the suburban but then I have huge piles of crap! Buckets of tool, soccer stuff, clothes that kids haven't seen in years but alas I know there is no hope because the truck is to big and long to every get to park in the garage so it will forever be a mess as I hurry to close the door when I pull out.

Donna said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I laugh at your ridiculously small pile of semi-organized crap. If you think that is bad, well, let’s just say I won’t be posting pictures of my garage any time soon. I have a two-car garage that I can park one car in as long as I am very careful and angle it just right so that I don’t accidently run over a stroller or a lawn mower or 1 of 47 assorted balls or the desk that is going in the girls’ room some day or the pillows that used to be on the couch in my living room or . . . you get the picture. I frequently leave the garage door open in hopes that 1) someone will steal something or 2) the goodwill van will think I am trying to make a donation. And I don’t even have a husband to blame for this mess. Sigh.

Becca Hatch said...

I believe- because one just happened in my toy room. You inspired me- I filled a can- yes, the "Outside Can" with assorted crap from the toy room, and I feel GREAT!