Sunday, November 1, 2009

what i want to remember about today

Jack asked (okay, screamed at me) that he needed more milk. I poured. He hastily pushed the cup away and said that he was full of milk.

Grrrrr....

I told him that he needed to drink his milk or sit in time out until he wanted to drink it. (There isn't any logic here, so don't try to insert any...just follow the story for what it is)

He ran down the hall bawling and screaming.
He sat in timeout for at least 15 minutes. When he finally calmed down, I asked him if he was ready to drink his milk. He was.

He drank it in two gulps.
I told him, "Thank you, now give me a high five."
High five.

He then proceeded to run back down the hall in his SpiderMan pajamas. He yells out, "I drank all my milk!" Then he punches his left fist high into the air and yells, "Yahoo!" and kind of does this skip-hop thing with his feet.

I want to remember that moment.
Just like that.
For the rest of my life.

Man, I love that kid.

3 comments:

Live More Now said...

Oh, aren't kids amazing?! So cute. I love imagining that little episode.

We had some of the funniest trick-or-treaters. One little trick or treater in a group let himself in and Luke and I and my brother and his girlfriend were all downstairs and next thing we know we just hear all this screaming (kids were surprised by the dogs), and I hear things like "attack dogs!" "why did you open the door?!!!" "You have to stop that!" "I want to find the candy!" "the dogs are getting away!" and on and on.

It was pretty funny and between running up stairs and outside to get the dogs back (front gate was wide open so everyone could see our amazing pumpkin display :)), I never did see what the kids looked like. But I suspect they got their candy and loved it (Luke believes in handing out REGULAR sized candy bars ... that is apparently what they do in alaska).

Brooke said...

I love this, and think it's the best that you recorded this moment. What a cutie.

the mama monster said...

i love it. boys are so weird and amazing at the same time aren't they?