Friday, January 14, 2011

Holiday Cheer

Jack likes to stand on his chair to show me "how bigger, biggest" he is getting. It is usually after a meal--especially if he has consumed enough of something he doesn't like so that I will be convinced that he really doesn't need further nourishment.
And by the way...I made these for Christmas. I saw them in the Family Fun e-newsletter. I generally put those ideas in the "Sara Sargent has time to kill" category--but for whatever reason I got sucked into it with my holiday spirit. I have to admit they turned out so cute. The kids had a ball putting the antlers on the reindeer.

I put half of them on a platter and decided to take them around to some friends. On the way to the car I tripped on two cases of Diet Cherry Pepsi and they flew off the platter and went in a thousand directions. They were covered with oil, grease, cat hair, dirt...I was so sick that I had to sit on the back step and take some deep breaths.

It was so disgusting that I actually left them sitting there on the garage floor. I didn't even bother to pick them up until Jeff said "Well, don't just run over them with the car!!" For the record, I wanted to run over them with the car.

Curse you Diet Pepsi and your low-profile box!

We each ate one or two of the remaining deer and the rest got delivered with Jeff's help. I made him carry all of them to the car.

I'm not one to tempt fate twice.

3 comments:

Sara Jane said...

Sorry to laugh about you spilling your cupcakes. Jack seems like the most hilarious kid ever. Looks like you had a good Christmas. It's fun to see pics of your fam. Everyone looks great.

Jenni said...

I am traumatized for you about the cupcake incident. Something like that would send me to a deep and dark place.

Brooke said...

Did you really not cry? I would have cried. Like Jenni, it would have been difficult for me to bounce back for the holidays. Good thing you got a photo.