
Jack turned four yesterday. He has been ready to be four since the day after turning three. Last night he asked me if "please, please, can I be five at my next birthday--I been waiting such a long time."

He has also been asking for a volcano birthday cake for over six months. I had originally planned to make one from scratch, but I fortunately had enough brains to fork over the $20 and let Walmart take the heat. It turned out okay--he couldn't wait to get the dinosaurs off the top and start playing with them.

He got too close to the volcano and got some lava on his chin. The lava didn't stain nearly as bad as the electric blue frosting. He was given so many presents by extended family members that I never even bothered to bring out the ones that we purchased. I guess that I'll save them for some other milestone. Can you give a pirate ship as an Easter gift?

The Miners came over for the pancake dinner. Pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs were his personal request. I was so nervous that we were going to be eating corn dogs. He has been on tear about having a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, corn dog for lunch, and another peanut butter sandwich for dinner. We were spared the ultimate gut ache.

He has played all afternoon with his new T-Rexs, Teradactyls, safari Jeep, winged dragons. He is so content to pretend that these animals are facing certain death by a volcano, dreaded battle or just getting to the store in the Polly Pocket VW. I love listening to him and his endless thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment