Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wants and Needs

I'm not really fond of getting the "no" answer.

It looked really good on paper. The facts and figures were doable. It makes perfect sense.

It was still a "no."

I've known about the "no" for a week, but I just kept hoping that maybe my feelings were just all jumbled up inside or I was getting my period or stressed about work.

But, you know when you know.

Doesn't make it any easier. And yesterday I could just feel that I was going to have to face the facts...and this morning I had to say it out loud and make it official.

Then I came home and cried in the closet so that nobody could see the disappointment.

I'm glad that I've finally learned what it feels like to get an answer to prayer. I wish that my faith would catch up a little bit quicker next time.

3 comments:

Diana said...

I hate those lessons! Somehow they always end up teaching us the most and leave the most impact.

Becca Hatch said...

I'm so sorry. If you are really itching to do that things that I know you are talking about I have this to say: My back neighbor is on hospice.

Brooke said...

Pretty sure I know what this is about, and boy oh boy, do I feel your pain. We know it will work out, but dang it! Can we just get our way, please?! It makes sense! It's what we feel is best for our family! People do it all the time, and they don't seem to get the "no" answer. Why me?!

Well, even though I hate to say it- and I really do, because I'm admitting that I was wrong when I wanted the same thing so bad my teeth hurt, and it made me start to doubt things that I never should have doubted: It will make sense at some point.