Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Remodel or Refashion: Part Five

The walls have been finished for months, but due to the craziness of summer I never finished any of the touch ups, pillows or framed any pictures. I love how it turned out. Okay, so here are the details. I had Jeff's brother Jason, build me a "mantel-looking" wall frame. The inside of the mantel is painted two shades darker than the main walls. I really wanted a dramatic effect on this big wall.
Then I purchased this stencil from Royal Design Studio. They have such wonderful stuff. It's probably good that I don't have a million dollars because I would have stenciled my whole house with their stuff. It was so easy to do! Seriously, this wall only took me just over an hour to finish! Stenciling has come a long way since what I remember my mother trying to accomplish in the 80s.
I added a metallic glaze to a paint color one shade lighter than the main wall. It looks just like wallpaper!
Here's the finished product--


And the room "almost" completed. The curtains are up. New pillow covers made and a few of the frames are hung. I still have three frames to fill, but I couldn't decide what pictures to put in them---oh, and one still needed to be spray painted black so that it would match.





I also wanted to add a little kitsch to the kitchen so I'm going to fill this space with different sizes and styles of monograms. It's been pretty fun to hunt around for them. It will look even better if I can ever get the gumption to paint the cabinets white. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Your decorating looks so good! I love the trim work and stenciling you did on your big wall. I am trying to think of a place in my house I could do that now :)

Chris Garff said...

That stenciling is amazing! It turned out so gorgeous. You need to come decorate for me.

Brooke said...

Ho-LEE crap. Now I'm looking around my house thinking, "Hm. This place is a dump." You should go into business, Rose. For real.