Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What Did We Do This Summer? Part Four

Mom Becomes Exhibitionist

My skirt fell off.
In the church parking lot.
If there are pictures of this, well, I'm not currently aware of them.

Yeah, this summer I was loving the fact that I finally lost the baby weight from Jack. Yup, he's four. Get over it. I had a knit skirt that "used" to fit and I thought that I could get away with wearing it one last time to church. On my way into church from the parking lot I thought that I was dragging something on my shoe. I looked down to see that I was dragging. my. skirt.

It was completely down around my ankles!

I hurried and pulled it up. I was so embarrassed. I don't have a clue who saw it because the doors of the church are slightly tinted from the outside--so you can't even tell how many people are in the lobby.

The worst part is that I had nude Spanx on underneath--when I reenacted it for Jeff after church he fell on the floor laughing because [quote] "from a distance people probably thought that you were totally naked!!" I told him that when I walked into the lobby of the church it was totally empty so I thought that maybe nobody saw anything. He laughed even harder and said that if he saw a woman half-naked entering the church that he would run from that lobby rather than stand there and try to pretend like nothing happened.

Point taken, dear. Point taken.

4 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

Dangit! I knew I shouldn't have moved out of our house yet. I would have had the best seat in the house from my kitchen window. If it makes you feel any better, when we were first married, I was being set apart for a stake calling by the Stake Presidency & when I stood to shake their hands my slip fell to my ankles. I picked it up and held it in one hand and shook hands with the other. I've since been able to avoid all Stake Callings. If the same theory holds true for you, it smooth sailin' from here as far as callings go! Hee Hee

Candice said...

laughing out loud... calling rick in the room to laugh with me!! LOVE IT!!!

Chris Garff said...

That is the funniest story ever Rose!

Brooke said...

Ha ha ha! Love it. Jeff's reaction is cracking me up too. Love you guys!