Jeff's office pays for everyone in the company to enjoy a day at Lagoon every other year. So we put some bacon grease in our hair, piled on some fake tattoos and threw some Vienna Sausages in the ol' cooler and went down to spend the day with some of my good buddies from the Jiffy Lube.As with nearly every place we have gone this summer, Jack was disappointed that there were only dinosaur rides and "NOT real dinosaurs." He talks tough, but he's still his mother's child when it comes to a fast ride. When we would get off of a ride that he thought was unpleasant at best he would say, "Dad, THAT was not my hypothesis!" I know. We don't know what it means either, but Buddy the T-Rex says it all the time on Dinosaur Train...so that means we are going to hear it too. It was pretty funny.
Lachlan likes a good thrill ride. I had to ride the "drop you" ride four times. She's going to have to ride with her dad when she gets on the real one. The kiddie rides are for people like me. We laughed so hard when we thought she was going to jerk herself out of the airplanes. She kept pumping the lever back and forth so fast that the plane looked like it was a bull at the rodeo. I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants. She also got so mad in the bumper cars because her car got stuck between two "unmanned" vehicles. She wouldn't get out of her car at the end and then yelled at the attendant to come and help her.
I remember going to Lagoon with my cousins as a kid. It's funny how little it has changed. There are more "water" rides which really helps with the heat. Our favorite family ride was a water ride. Jack laughed so hard when we got wet. I don't know if it was that funny or if he just had a little heat stroke.








No comments:
Post a Comment