
I celebrated my thirty-fifth birthday. Jeff cooked Molten-Lava chocolate cakes. Lachlan gave me a princess tic-tac-toe game and Jack gave me a T-Rex dinosaur. I don't know what Jack was more excited about getting a new dinosaur or eating lava out of a "volcano cake". You can also see in this picture that Lachlan purchased "me" some purple Kool-aid. She's really nice to give me something like that since I would NEVER purchase it for myself. The kids have helped "me" drink it every day.

I've really spent a lot of time thinking about thirty-five. This has been the first birthday when I've felt older. I spend more time trying to cover up my face than show it off--made an official switch to full-coverage foundation. I almost always wear my glasses to read. It used to be only when I remembered, but now just thinking about reading without them gives me a headache. Without getting to "Debbie Downer"--I'll just say that I'm not quite ready to get into my forties.

Jeff and I also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this month. We were able to get a bunch of our friends together and go out to dinner. We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives. It really made for a fun couple of weeks.

Jeff gave me a 50mm/1.8f Nikon lens for my birthday. They aren't very expensive, but I'm already loving what I can do with it. It is very different from my "every day" lens--so I'm going to have to practice. Don't judge. These are my first-tries...

1 comment:
Awesome--you got the fantastic plastic. It's all I have and love it, but long for a zoom. I'm holding out for the 24-70 2.8. Maybe Christmas 2011. I love your pictures!
Glad you had a happy birthday.
Post a Comment