If I ever win the Idaho lottery, I'm buying every single map they have ever, or will ever create. We have several framed maps in our home. This was the first gift that I ever gave Jeff when we were dating...and I gave it with the real intent of keeping it in the family (if you know what I mean...) I love maps. Old, new, historic, vintage, nautical. Can there possibly be anything more interesting in one's home??This IS the gift for travelers, wishers, dreamers, and analytical weirdos (you know who you are). I recommend that you order the laminated version. They are easily framed on foam core with a cheaper frame. I've even wiped mine down with a damp cloth to keep it dust free. The maps are huge, so if you plan on getting a frame with glass it is going to cost you--and for heaven's sake, don't go to your local Michael's to have it done. This isn't something you put a big heavy mat around. Simple is best. Let this incredible piece of artwork speak for itself.
Oh, beautiful maps. I love you.
1 comment:
That IS beautiful. Can you please put me down in the analytical weirdo category? I just like how that sounds. Maybe I will ask Luke for a map for christmas. I told him nothing nothing nothing, but you may have convinced me otherwise.
Post a Comment