We celebrated the twelve days of Christmas this year. I decided that I would get something very small for the kids each day. I put it in a large Christmas box and then I would set it outside and ring the doorbell. The kids went ballistic whenever the doorbell rang because they were so excited to see what Santa had left them. I tried to keep the gifts simple (stocking ideas) so that it wouldn't be complete overload. We really had fun.
My favorite night was the night that Jack got his Elmo "big boy" underwear. He had been asking if he could have "big girl panties" for quite some time so I thought--WTH, he can wear them over top of his diaper. If anything maybe he'll get an urge to sit on the toilet and do something other than unroll the paper. He was OVER THE MOON excited for his Elmo underwear. This video was shot shortly after he got them on. He spun and danced for about 40 minutes. After the dancing he decided that wearing one pair wasn't good enough, so he put another pair on, and another, and another--this picture is with his 4th pair of underwear on. I didn't dare put another pair on for fear that it would start to cut off vital circulation to an extremity...he cried. I felt terrible so I let him carry the other three pairs with him around the house.


Lachlan got some "high heeled" shoes (just like mommy's, she declared). The shoes were hilarious. It was so hard not to laugh as she tried to walk around in them. She only wore them for a short time because she has a serious fear of falling down. The video reflects the image of a woman with peg legs walking on ice. The shoes were completely dismantled (another of her true talents) by the next afternoon. At least we got the moment on video. The socks are completely reminiscent of her Chinese heritage...

5 comments:
Oh the joys of new underwear! I wouldn't know the joy of new high heels but I can only imagine. We need to get together soon. I think our kids would have a blast together.
I love watching Jack run circles around the room. Chris got new Elmo undies too, he won't wear his big boys now unless I can find a pair of Elmos.
The kids look like they are having so much fun!
Oh good heavens I am glad I did not just pee my pants. The circles in the underoos is hilarious. I wish that new underwear excited me like that. And the claymation walk with the scarecrow arms by Lachlan was pretty cute. Nicely done, Rosa. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!! :)
Zach used to insist that he wore panties, and of course, James and I encouraged his confusion.
I've seen my fair share of old Taiwanese women crossing the street exactly as Lachlan demonstrated. (However, they were dodging scooters, and Lachlan just has to maneuver Jack's sensational circles.)
Post a Comment