Friday, December 5, 2008

Too Gross?


I spied on the garbage man.

I watched him drive over the garbage can with his truck. Our garbage spilled all over the road.

Apparently, my trash is so disgusting that he couldn't bear to touch it. He picked up every single piece with this tool.
It left me thinking two things:

1) Are you paid by the hour?
2) Shouldn't gloves be part of the uniform?

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Paid by the hour. Your tax dollars at work.

Becca Hatch said...

He seems underdressed in general- what was it? 20 degrees outside or so? I think if you are going to accept a job entitled, "Garbage Man" you shouldn't be the kind who dry heaves picking up a day old newspaper.

Live More Now said...

That is hilarious. Substitute my head, and my hands, SANS GLOVES, and that was me a week ago picking up trash strewn all over the street thanks to the friendly and MAJORLY OVERSIZED crows that have learned how to pull garbage can lids off and then rip and toss everything about. I was mortified of what my neighbors would think ... of MY TAMPONS no longer wrapped in t.p. strewn ten yards over the street and next to my driveway. Nice. I really could have used that tool then darn it all.