I rarely want to be other women. As a general rule, I stick to the concept that you would rather have your own problems than someone else's BUT I have a crush. There is this woman who works out at the gym at the same time I do....and I want to have THAT body! Not in, I'm becoming a lesbian way, just in the "oh, my gosh I can't believe that she can do that" kind of way. This woman is so physically strong--I know that I am staring at her. I try to make it as inconspicuous as possible but there are times when I realize that I have stopped what I am doing (lifting my sad 12 pound weights) and I am literally staring slack jawed and my breathing is almost non-existent! I can't help it!!
I am not a fan of the uber-skinny person sweating it out on the elliptical for 75 minutes. There are plenty of those women at my gym. These women are genetic anomalies for the most part. The practicality of my personality it acutely aware that I will never wear a size 6 pair of pants. Besides, I enjoy eating. The smooth creaminess of chocolates, crispy saltiness of potato chips, tartness of a good vinaigrette salad dressing--fast food, slow food, clean food, commercially grown and processed, pasteurized, raw, gourmet, homemade--I like it all! There are very few things that I enjoy more than a good meal. The ultimate satisfaction.
The downside of course, becomes that I still haven't lost all the baby weight (even though I no longer have a baby) and I need to come to grips that it is going to take some real work to get back into my cute clothes. Yeah, I still have them in the closet and if I don't get on it they won't be so cute when I try to wear them in another decade.
So where does the crush come into all of this? The crush is who I want, who I hope that I have the determination to become--something realistic. The crush can do crossover lunges with 15 pound weights in each hand. aauuggh. Unbelievable! I can live with big thighs if they could do that! At least you could say that they were big for a reason--
Having a crush is very exciting. In the past, I have been highly motivated to learn new things to be a part of "their world." Maybe this will be the catalyst that will help me to do crunches with the medicine ball. At the worst, this woman will have to find another gym because she can feel the weirdos staring at her.
7 comments:
Stare away! Whatever it takes to keep you motivated- I myself find myself checking out "older"ladies at the gym hoping that I look like that when I age. I guess I'm admitting that I too have a gym crush- only she's 70 years old.
Okay, everyone. If you were wondering who Rose is talking about, it's ME. Secret's out.
That's awesome. I should have known from the good hair.
Thanks for the comments! I knew you were staring at the gym! JK I have a long way to go!!
Go for it! Feel strong! Put your weight, BMI, and measurements on a spreadsheet - enlist someone at the gym (trainer) to help you structure your plan! You are young and healthy, it shouldn't take you very long to have some noticable results!!! YAY ROSE!!!!
I am SO with you, Rosa! I love staring at people who are impressive. Not because they have an eating disorder that I am incapable of EVER catching. But because their bodies are strong, useful, impressive, healthy. Yay healthy bodies! You go, girl!
P.S. PLUS, when there is an impressive body to stare at at the gym, it takes my mind off of my own jiggling buns! And that's an accomplishment!
Post a Comment